MOTION CARRIED BY COUNCIL ON 29 MARCH 2016
1. Notes the feedback from the community exhibition of the Haven stage renewal.
2. Adopts Option 1A for the future stage renewal at the Haven Amphitheatre, Castlecrag as per the concept plan by CAB Consulting and Markham-Lee Architecture dated December 14 2015.
3. Undertakes the baseline works and adds $2000 to the relevant 2015/2016 PIP.
4. Confirms the grant funding and approval processes, including Development Application, following the 2016/17 budget deliberations by Council.
5. Officers use their best endeavours to submit a DA for option 1A by 30 June 2016.
Council will undertake baseline work (costing $162,800).
This only involves removing the current stage,
restoring the creek and refurbishing the stone steps.
In theory, these works are in preparation for a stage rebuild.
In practice, any rebuild requires future funding.
Council committed no funds for rebuilding the stage in 2016-2017.
Council could have committed up to $420,000,
but not 1 cent was forthcoming!
Funding for a stage rebuild will be considered in Council’s May 2016 budget discussions.
Council adopted Option 1A for any future Haven stage.
Council Officers will strive to submit a DA for Option 1A by 30 June 2016.
Friends of Haven (FOH) remain committed to
rebuilding this valuable community asset.